Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Giddie Up!

After running anywhere from 3 to 6 miles every morning last week, I felt great. Unfortunately, I did not run on Saturday and Sunday, choosing to be lazy instead. I guess I did not realize how much running effects my physical and emotional well-being. Running clears my mind- when I do not run, it is as if this strange fog descends over my mind; I cannot think quite as clearly, things just feel off. I have also noticed that I feel more energetic during the days that I am able to run in the mornings. This, I know, is a well-known positive side effect of exercise. And, of course, I do love those endorphins!

I started this week off this morning with a nice 5-miler on the W&OD trail. My body felt good, which helped me maintain about an 8:15 mi/min, however, my mind felt tired and foggy. I am looking forward to maintaining my morning routine throughout this week and, hopefully, into the weekend.

Ideally, I would like to do a long run on either Saturday or Sunday. I seem to have trouble getting out to run on the weekends because my schedule is not the same. I hope this changes when Mandy and I start running together in Georgetown again. Motivation levels are much higher for me when I have a committment to meet with someone else :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home